THOUGHT – EXPRESSION INTEGRATOR – Self-Talk – The Science and Art Of Talking to Oneself
The observation of someone talking to them-selves has traditionally carried with it the label of an insane person who has lost touch with reality. However, science is beginning to show that talking to oneself may not be so crazy after all. It’s beginning to become apparent that the act of giving ourselves verbal messages can help us learn, remember, understand, pay attention and perform better. Articles are beginning to appear in major scientific journals about the benefits of talking to oneself.
SELF TALK is a form of intrapersonal communication…a type of internal communication occurring in the mind of an individual in a model, which contains a sender, receiver, and feedback loop. This inner form of communication also includes writing and the internal monologue that runs in our minds more or less all the time.
One of the latest crazes in the motivational world is the concept of positive affirmation. Expressing positive thoughts and intention can increase he chances that they will occur. However, instructional self-talk is even more important than typical motivational or positive affirmation. This is the kind of running commentary that goes on inside our minds when we’re trying to carry out a difficult task like drive a car or operate a sophisticated piece of equipment, or have a conversation with a best friend.
Over time, of course, giving instructions becomes unnecessary, but while learning, it does three important things. First, it enhances our attention, focusing us on the important elements of the task and screening out distractions. Second, it helps us regulate our effort and make decisions about what to do, how to do it, and when. And third, self-talk allows us to control our cognitive and emotional reactions, steadying us so we stay on task.
Colleagues at the University of Thessaly in Greece recently found that self-talk is most effective when incorporated into a cycle of manifestation that begins with imaginary thought, which becomes expressed into the real world where action can be taken to materialize it. First comes the intention and goal followed by a plan of how to achieve it. That’s followed by the enactment of the plan and a post evaluation of the results in order to do it better next time.
The image above shows the cycle of manifestation. Seeming to come from the very core of the brain, self-talk in this manner melds the inner and outer environment into one and increases awareness of the connection to the collective consciousness and circle of life. Bringing thought and expression together in this way seems to make the distinction between them disappear. It’s like thinking on steroids, allowing a clarity of thought that has been impossible until now.
In addition, it provides a new way of presenting information to the brain that requires the listener to pay more attention and do a little work to reassemble the two components, which can result in enhanced cognition, increased understanding and improved memory retention of the information.
The Portacle™ is a unique theory of self-talk application based on resolving the difference between the real (player) and imaginary component of a person’s voiced expressions. It utilizes binaural phasing technology that allow it to work transformational magic on those who use it to manifest their intentions by becoming their true self. It allows a user to fully integrate their deepest thoughts by having to resolve and reassemble the duality of a generated expression. This duality arises from the animal self (body) and the essence of self (spirit). Consciousness (mind) eventuates to resolve the difference between these two opposing aspects of one’s self.
Psychoacoustics is a science that is gaining more and more attention in the corporate, advertising, marketing, audio and movie industries. The art of listening has been written about and discussed for years regarding its importance in the transfer of messages.
The Portacle™ utilizes the latest, state of the art understanding of how the brain hears and processes self-talk, sound therapy and takes the art of listening to an entirely new level.
- Great for changing your thoughts to positive ones for chronic negative thinkers, building self-esteem and connecting to your higher power.
- Reinforces your intention as you shape your world around you.
- Want to think more positive and enrich your life? Want to feel more inspired?
The Science of Self-Talk and Inner-Listening
We have all learned the art of hearing by listening to others around us and have become used to listening on the outside. Only rarely do we focus the attention of listening to the inside…to that inner-voice that comes from our higher self…the superconscious.
A listening event has four elements that combine to create the total overall experience:
- Transmitters (speakers, players, singers etc.)
- Generators (voices, microphones, instruments etc.)
- Medium of Transmission (air, water, solid…the environment)
- Receivers (listeners, radios, antennas etc.)
In the real world this is usually experienced in live performances of music or voice or listening to recordings of the same. However, all of these involve listening on the outside…what about the inside? They do not address the art of listening to oneself…self-reflexion.
A person’s ability to listen effectively is directly proportional to their ability to receive. It’s one thing to be able to receive from others, but an entirely different thing to consider receiving from oneself, which requires a certain type of self-talk and deep listening. This method of Self-Talk is the preferred method.
Self-listening results in a contemplative manner of acoustical attention that leads to a better understanding of oneself, which can result in transformation… disassembly, rearrangement and reassembly of ideas and concepts that take them to a higher level of order and allow them to be expressed in a way that appropriate action will manifest them.
We are used to hearing ourselves from both the inside and outside. We speak and then hear ourselves with our own ears. Those around us hear only the part that we are hearing with our ears, but we also hear on the inside…that part, which resonates inside of the cavities of our chest, throat and head. This is why it never seems to sound like ourselves when we hear a recording of our own voice.
However, what would happen if we only paid attention to how we sound on the inside? How would one go about cutting out the external environment so that only the internal one could be experienced? “Just plug your ears up”, said my 12 year-old-daughter. Indeed, plugging the ears does allow someone to hear more of what is going on inside their head. Feeding the output of a microphone back through headphones is also effective at removing the outside sound environment.
However, there’s another, more important aspect to the way sound is processed inside the brain. Each ear is connected to the opposite side of the brain, left ear to right brain, and right ear to left. In fact, it is this very arrangement that makes possible the binaural technology spoken of above.
But what if there was a way to find, measure and separate a person’s intention into the two major components that make it up…the parts originating from the player versus those radiating from the instrument? This is where the concept of self-talk and The Portacle™ enters the picture…resolving the difference between these two opposing aspects of oneself and better integrating them…the ultimate of self-talk
It is available now by visiting or calling the Reality Management Center in Santa Monica, California. It will be available for consumers as an OS software program for Max and pre-Windows 10 PC users by the 3rd quarter 2023.
- Binaural phase separation, feedback and reintegration of real and imaginary components of any sound output from most smartphones and DSP devices such as:
- Voiced expressions – stated intentions from voice, breath, mantra, chant, toning, song or vocal gesture.
- Inter-app feature – allows use with other apps like affirmation, self-improvement, meditation apps.
- Video, Internet content or streaming sources
- Songs or playlists from music libraries like iTunes
- Audio Visualizer – Biphasic display of real and imaginary components
- Recording and playback of ahas, epiphanies and insights during use.
- Provides a suite of tools for personality integration that allow the user to track their progress toward real and imaginary integration.
- Perceptual bandwidth – Degree of integration between intention and manifestation.
- Self-Talk – Binaural Dialogue: Thinking, planning, executing ideas and intentions.
- Self Improvement – Learning how to listen better can enhance a person’s awareness, improve the way they give heed to things, and increase their awareness of what’s going on in and around them.
- Positive Affirmation – Can be used with any professional or personal affirmations for creativity, problem solving, transformation or manifestation. Making statements of affirmation are processed and stored in ways superior to simple memory. Statements are rewritten in formal language, which set the primary building blocks of reality into action.
- Education – Integration of the spoken teachings of educators and the higher teachings of resonant thought leaders like Anthony Robbins, Michael Beckwith, Jean Houston, Mary Ann Williamson, Barbara Marx Hubbard and others.
- Learning – Perfect for students to better cognate, understand, improve retention and explain subjects learned from lectures and homework and great for studying for tests. Allows students to become engaged with their studies like never before.
- Relationship – Getting clear about what to say next is the art of effective relationship management.
- Project Management – Perfect way to maintain focus throughout all the different segments of project development.
- Acting – Allows the reading and practicing lines in a way that increases retention and enhances expression.
- Live Music – artists and singers can stereoize their instruments and voices to greatly stand out in mix, while imparting their artistic message in a unique and powerful manner.
- Hearing Aid – greatly enhances the clarity and apparent volume of the spoken word. Brings the main voice of the communication front and center and can separate several voices apart so each can be heard as they truly are without mixture or distortion.
- Meditation – Using the app to pay attention to one’s breath is a powerful use of the technology. It’s also a good way to listen to everything that is going on in the external environment at the same time and process it as just one thing.
- Seeking – Finding new direction by talking to oneself about all of the possible options, previous lessons and potential outcomes.
- Spiritual Thinking – Using the app to pray, worship or contemplate.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Available for consumer purchase on 7/2023
- Mac OS Lion and above
- Windows PC Pre-Windows 10
So, go ahead and say something to yourself out loud. Don’t be afraid or worry if someone might think you’re crazy. Science is now on your side!